Excellent article on how to avoid being carjacked, particularly given the recent late night shootings on a highway in Mississippi. Read the complete article at the link provided and be sure to check out the rest of his posts for many great tips and scenarios on surviving a disaster. – Phoebe
In order to avoid being carjacked, it is worthwhile to understand the methods that carjackers use.
- Carjackers will bump your vehicle from behind and when you get out to exchange insurance information or inspect the damage they will steal your vehicle.
- Carjackers will stage an accident with fake injuries and when you stop and get out to assist, your vehicle will be stolen.
- Carjackers will follow you to your home or office and when you park they will pull up behind you so you can’t escape then steal your car and leave with both vehicles.
- Carjackers will flash lights to get your attention then when you pull over your vehicle will be taken.
- Carjackers will pose as police officers and when you pull over they will take your vehicle.
So how can you prepare yourself? Continue reading Methods That Carjackers Use.